NY Penal Law § 225.60: Gaming fraud in the first degree
Under New York Penal Law § 225.60 you could be charged with gaming fraud in the first degree if you commit gaming fraud in the second degree under New York Penal Law § 225.55 and:
- The value of the benefit obtained is more than $1000, or
- Within the preceding 5 years you have been previously convicted of a gaming fraud offense.
Under New York Penal Law § 225.55 you would have committed gaming fraud in the second degree if you:
with intent to defraud and in violation of the rules of casino gaming, you misrepresent or change the amount wagered on, or you misrepresent the outcome of the event which is the subject of the wager, or the amount of payment in the casino gaming; or
with intent to defraud, you obtain anything of value from casino gaming without having won such amount.
- Gaming fraud in the second degree: New York Penal Law § 225.55
Gaming fraud in the first degree is a Class E felony. This means that if you are convicted your sentence could include a prison term of up to 4 years, a probation term of 5 years, and payment of a fine.New York Penal Law § 225.60: Gaming fraud in the first degree
A person is guilty of gaming fraud in the first degree when he or she commits a gaming fraud in the second degree, and:
- The value of the benefit obtained exceeds one thousand dollars; or
- He or she has been previously convicted within the preceding five years of any offense of which an essential element is the commission of a gaming fraud.
Gaming fraud is a serious crime. If you are convicted you could end up in prison and you will have a criminal record. It is important that you are represented by someone with experience to ensure that your rights are protected. The staff at Stephen Bilkis and Associates has years of experience successfully defending clients in New York criminal courts who are accused of various types of crimes including both felonies and misdemeanors. Contact us at 800.696.9529 to schedule a free, no obligation consultation regarding your case. We serve those accused of gambling crimes in the following locations: